Fall is my favorite time of year in the Florida Keys.
Low water + Bonefish = Fun
1. The best months for bonefish.. On the right tides and the right days, you can find bonefish, tailing and waking..
My buddy Capt. Dale Bishop with a juvenile tarpon
Click here to see the video!
2. Great time of year to find juvenile tarpon rolling on the surface.
Weather here this time of year can be warm. Not too bad if you are out on the water. Early morning starts are productive. Take your pick, rolling baby tarpon or tailing permit and bonefish. By mid day the water temperatures are nearing 90 degrees, which makes it tougher to find bonefish or permit in shallow water. Baby tarpon thrive in the warmer temperatures and are eager to eat a well placed surface fly or plug.
3. Very, very few boats on the flats.. Might see one or two other skiffs all day... some days none..
Sunset Grill and Raw Bar
4. Fall is "Off Season" No snow birds, very few tourists, vacationing families from the main land are back to school, etc.. Most destination anglers are hunting, elk, birds, etc.. The road, resteraunts and bars are quiet.. The fishing and the weather continue to be HOT... Most places are offering discounts on lodging too..
Because I get to fish with my buddies.
5. This is the time of year I get to fish too!! Got to fish with my buddy Capt. Bo Sellers yesterday... Found a bunch of bonefish and some tarpon too.. It was a blast!!
Mention this promotion when you book your charter and get a free hat for you and your fishing partner.